- All Lockey keyless locks are shipped with a random secret code chosen by the factory during the manufacturing process.
- If you do not want your lock set to a random factory code, no problem. We can program your initial secret code for you to whatever you like before your lock is shipped. Once you get it, of course, you can change the code at anytime. This is handy if you are having someone else install it for you when you are not there, as in a vacation home.
- To have us set up your keyless home lock with a custom code, click here to add Custom Lock Programming to your Cart.
- Your secret code can be any combination of letters or numbers that you can see on the keypad except for the "C" key which is used to clear out any previous key presses. Keypads vary depending on the model of the lock, so look at the pictures of the lock you want when choosing a code.
- Lockey mechanical locks have at least 5 red and at least 10 blue tumblers. This allows for a code that is from 3 to 5 digits or letters long. If you would like fewer or more letters or numbers in your secret code, just add Lockey Replacement Tumblers (Pins) to your cart.
- Lockey mechanical locks do not support repeating numbers or letters in the code. So, "1234" is a valid code, but "1123" and "1213" are not. This is because the number "1" is used more than once.