08. How to Adjust the Deadbolt
You can see how quick and easy it is to set an adjustable deadbolt in our short video below:
Some additional things to note:
If you cannot measure the backset dimension of your door or if you want to be able to use your lock on different doors, we recommend you order an adjustable deadbolt which will work on doors with either size.
- Deadbolts (but not latchbolts) come with either an adjustable backset (shown in the video above) or a fixed backset (shown in the diagram below).
- By default, all deadbolt locks come with a fixed deadbolt (as shown above) so they cannot be adjusted, but there is an upgrade option that you can select when you place your order to get an adjustable deadbolt.
- Latchbolts only come in ONE size or the OTHER—they are not adjustable.
- If an adjustable deadbolt is available on the lock you are buying, you will see an option for it on the ADD TO CART page. Just select that before you click the button to put it in your cart.
- You can also order an adjustable deadbolt by itself on the Parts/Accessories pages. Click this link to go directly there: Lockey PT09 Deadbolt for Keypad Push-Button Combination Keyless Entry Door Locks.