- ADA COMPLIANT: yes, if mounted at proper height.
- BOLT TYPE: rotating flat bar deadbolt (must be locked manually).
- CODE LENGTH: from all to none of the numbers or letters on keypad except C and R.
- D.I.Y. INSTALLATION: yes.
- DOOR THICKNESS: fits narrow-stile doors (1-3/4" thick).
- DOOR TYPE: for narrow-style commercial doors on hinges.
- FINISHES: antique brass; bright brass; bright chrome; jet black; marine-grade Teflon (silver); oil rubbed bronze; satin chrome; satin nickel; white.
- GATE BOX: matching gate box available .
- HANDING: reversible (can be installed on left or right side).
- HANDLE: over-sized knob available; round, flat knob on outside; thumb turn on inside.
- INSTALLATION: bolt is inserted into edge of door.
- KEY OVERRIDE: not available.
- KEYPAD: single-sided (on one side only).
- MAX CODES AT 1 TIME: 1 per keypad.
- MAX DIFFERENT CODES POSSIBLE: 8191.
- NETWORK: none (standalone).
- POWER REQUIRED: none, this product is 100% mechanical and uses no power.
- PRODUCT LINE: Lockey 2900 Series.
- REPEATING DIGITS ALLOWED IN CODE: no.
- REPLACES: Adams-Rite locks.
- SECURITY LEVEL: high security.
- USAGE: heavy-duty commercial; light-duty commercial; residential.
- WARRANTY: Life-Time Mechanical Warranty from the manufacturer.
- WEATHER: 100% weatherproof .
The 2900 is a mortised deadbolt lock. It is designed to fit on a door or gate with a narrow frame. Because of its dimensions, it can be used to replace an Adams Rite lock.
The 2900 is great for glass & aluminum doors typically installed for offices and retail stores or even on an outdoor gate.
Like all Lockey keyless mechanical locks, it requires no power, is 100% weather proof, unpickable, unbumpable, and comes with a Life-Time Warranty.
A matching gatebox (see below) is also available to make installation quick and easy.
- Extremely reliable—power failures don't affect it!
- Completely Weatherproof—can be used outdoors under all weather conditions from the frigid cold of Alaska to the searing heat of New Mexico.
There is even a marine-grade teflon finish which is specifically designed for salt water conditions on yachts and beach-front property.
- Installs virtually anywhere—needs no electricity, wires, or batteries because it is completely mechanical.
- Easy D. I. Y. installation—designed to retrofit on almost any standard door.
- High-Security—hacksaw-proof, bump-proof and unpickable.
- Convenient—quick and easy to open; no keys to carry, lose, have stolen, or copied.
- Low Maintenance—never needs batteries.
- Cost Effective—less expensive than an electrical lock; pays for itself the first time you change the combination
yourself instead of calling a locksmith.
- Comes with Everything You Need IN THE BOX. Our proucts include the complete set of manufacturer's installation instructions and templates, lock hardware for a door or gate, and hardware for a stationary door frame, gate post, or molding (for example strike plates or catches).
- Does not lock or latch automatically.
- Five-ply laminated steel bolt with concealed hardened steel pin for maximum security.
- Deadbolt extends 1-1/2".
- Door thickness must be 1-3/4".
- Adjustable handedness.
- We offer a PT02 Lockey Over-sized Knob for this lock that fits over the outside knob.
- This will NOT retrofit on a standard 2-3/8" or 2-3/4" backset door without modification.
Installation & Documentation
Replace Your Existing Lock—
the Lockey 2435 Latchbolt Lock can be used to completely replace an existing deadbolt, latchbolt, or just a plain door knob. Just take off your existing door hardware and install this one in its place. It has been designed to easily retrofit onto standard doors.
Use with Your Existing Lock—you can leave your existing lock in place and install this lock either above or below it for added security and convenience. If you do this, people who know your secret code will only be able to enter when both locks are unlocked, perhaps, during the day, for example.
Click to view the Installation Instructions that come with each purchase.
The Secret Code
All Lockey keyless mechanical locks are shipped with a random secret code chosen by the factory during the manufacturing process.
If you do not want your new lock set to a random factory code, no problem. We can customize your initial secret code for you to whatever you like before your lock is shipped. Once you get it, of course, you can change the code at anytime. This is handy if you are having someone else install it for you when you are not there, as in a vacation home.
To have us set up your lock with a custom code, click here to add
SVR02-Custom Lock Programming
to your Cart.
Your secret code can be any combination of letters or numbers that you can see on the keypad except for the "C" key which is used to clear out any previous key presses. Keypads vary depending on the model of the lock, so look at the pictures of the lock you want when choosing a code.
Lockey mechanical locks have at least 5 red and at least 10 blue tumblers. This allows for a code that is from 3 to 5 digits or letters long. If you would like fewer or more letters or numbers in your secret code, just add
Lockey Replacement Tumblers (Pins)
to your cart.
Lockey mechanical locks do not support repeating numbers or letters in the code. So, "1234" is a valid code, but "1123" and "1213" are not. This is because the number "1" is used more than once.
Common Narrow Stile Door Measurements
Here is an image with the typical Narrow Stile Aluminum Store Front Door measurements:
Locking and Unlocking
Unlocking a keypad combination lock is quick and easy:
- On the inside, you don't need the combination to lock this lock—just turn the turn knob or thumb turn to retract the deadbolt.
- On the outside, first press the "C" button or turn the thumb turn as far as it will go. This will clear out any previous keypad entries.
- Next, enter in the secret code.
- Finally, turn the knob, lever handle, or thumb turn to retract the deadbolt.
Locking is even easier:
- Just turn the knob, lever handle, or thumbturn to extend the deadbolt into the locked position. You don't even need to enter the code.