The WEBtec-6 SmartCard Reader is a cost-saving solution for either access control or time and attendance tracking.
It is an IP-based system, meaning that it uses TCP/IP to communicate over a network. It can be configured to work as a stand-alone unit or managed over the network. It works with WEBtec-3, WEBtec-4, or other WEBtec-6 units.
For fast and easy SmartCard enrollment, we recommend networking WEBtec-6 unit(s) with either a WEBtec-3 or WEBtec-4 unit. In this configuration, the keypad and color screen on the WEBtec-3 or WEBtec-4 can function as a Smart Card enrollment terminal.
Cards registered via the master WEBtec unit will be immediately readable at all readers which were registered with Access Manager. Once registered, a user will have access to secured areas with a swipe of a card.
The WEBtec-6 supports Mifare, EM, HID, HID iClass, or Hybri SmartCard options.
This unit has full relay output ability, so it can operate a door with a door strike or magnetic locking device.
- IP65 – UL outdoor rating
- Dimensions: 85 x 115 x 30 mm (LxWxH)
- LED indication of power/grant & deny access/network status
- WEBtec-6 IP-Based SmartCard Reader CD Instructions Manual
- 100 MBaseT Network Jack [for connection to network (hub/switch)]
- A 12V DC Switching Power Supply (input: 100 - 240 VAC 50/60 Hz) with jack