- BOLT TYPE: dead-locking spring-loaded latchbolt (locks automatically, has burglar-proof plunger).
- DOOR THICKNESS: fits standard doors (1-3/8" to 2" thick).
- DOOR TYPE: for panic bar doors (aka crash bars/push bars) that swing on hinges.
- FINISHES: jet black; marine-grade Teflon (silver); oil rubbed bronze.
- GATE BOX: matching gate box available .
- HANDING: reversible (can be installed on left or right side).
- HANDLE: round, flat knob on inside; round, flat knob on outside.
- INSTALLATION: connects to panic bar on inside of door/gate.
- KEY OVERRIDE: not available.
- KEYPAD: single-sided (on one side only).
- MAX CODES AT 1 TIME: 1 per keypad.
- MAX DIFFERENT CODES POSSIBLE: 4095.
- MODES: passage (code not needed to open); storeroom (code needed to open).
- NETWORK: none (standalone).
- PANIC BAR: for use on doors or gates with a panic bar (crash bar) on inside.
- POWER REQUIRED: none, this product is 100% mechanical and uses no power.
- REPEATING DIGITS ALLOWED IN CODE: no.
- SECURITY LEVEL: high security
if no key override.
- USAGE: heavy-duty commercial; light-duty commercial; residential.
- WARRANTY: Life-Time on Lockey keyless lock unless ordered with key override.
- WEATHER: 100% weatherproof .
If you are looking for a high-quality, heavy-duty keyless combination lock with a built-in door knob that will work with a panic bar, take a look at this one.
The 1600P Panic Bar lock works with a standard horizontal style panic bar on doors that are either right handed or left handed. The panic bar must have a flat tail piece and a 70 degrees turn radius or less.
The 1600P has a built-in, easy-to-operate lever handle on the outside which is ADA-compliant if mounted no more than 48 inches from the floor.
This lock also has a passage mode so you can come and go without using the combination, if you prefer. This makes it ideal for an office environment where the door should remain unlocked during business hours, but locked after hours. You will need to know the code, of course, to enable the passage mode.
- EXTREMELY RELIABLE—power failures don't affect it!
- COMPLETELY WEATHERPROOF—can be used outdoors under all weather conditions from the frigid cold of Alaska to the searing heat of New Mexico. There is even a marine-grade teflon finish which is specifically designed for salt water conditions on yachts and beach-front property.
- INSTALLS VIRTUALLY ANYWHERE—needs no electricity, wires, or batteries because it is completely mechanical.
- EASY D. I. Y. INSTALLATION—designed to retrofit on almost any standard door.
- HIGH-SECURITY—hacksaw-proof, bump-proof and unpickable.
- CONVENIENT—quick and easy to open; no keys to carry, lose, have stolen, or copied.
- LOW MAINTENANCE—never needs batteries.
- COST EFFECTIVE—less expensive than an electrical lock; pays for itself the first time you change the combination yourself instead of calling a locksmith.
- COMES WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN THE BOX. Our proucts include the complete set of manufacturer's installation instructions and templates, lock hardware for a door or gate, and hardware for a stationary door frame, gate post, or molding (for example strike plates or catches).
- Heavy duty knob on the lock
- Comes with a Passage Function so it can remain in the unlock position, but still latch.
- We offer a special Teflon finish, Marine Grade, which protects your lock from harsh salt water environments.
Covers a standard 2 1/8" hole
Magnet proof - The lock cannot be manipulated by magnets
- Works with a right or left handed door.
- Lock attaches to panic bar (sold separately) on inside
The Secret Code
- All Lockey keyless locks are shipped with a random secret code chosen by the factory during the manufacturing process.
- If you do not want your lock set to a random factory code, no problem. We can program your initial secret code for you to whatever you like before your lock is shipped. Once you get it, of course, you can change the code at anytime. This is handy if you are having someone else install it for you when you are not there, as in a vacation home.
- To have us set up your keyless home lock with a custom code, click here to add Custom Lock Programming to your Cart.
- Your secret code can be any combination of letters or numbers that you can see on the keypad except for the "C" key which is used to clear out any previous key presses. Keypads vary depending on the model of the lock, so look at the pictures of the lock you want when choosing a code.
- Lockey mechanical locks have at least 5 red and at least 10 blue tumblers. This allows for a code that is from 3 to 5 digits or letters long. If you would like fewer or more letters or numbers in your secret code, just add Lockey Replacement Tumblers (Pins) to your cart.
- Lockey mechanical locks do not support repeating numbers or letters in the code. So, "1234" is a valid code, but "1123" and "1213" are not. This is because the number "1" is used more than once.