- BOLT TYPE: dead-locking spring-loaded latchbolt (locks automatically, has burglar-proof plunger).
- D.I.Y. INSTALLATION: yes.
- DOOR THICKNESS: fits standard doors (1-3/8" to 2" thick).
- DOOR TYPE: for interior or exterior doors that swing on hinges.
- FINISHES: silver.
- HANDING: reversible (can be installed on left or right side).
- INSTALLATION: bolt is inserted (mortised) into edge of door.
- NETWORK: none (standalone).
- POWER REQUIRED: none, this product is 100% mechanical.
- PRODUCT LINE: UAccess Eternity Series.
- USAGE: light-duty commercial; residential use.
- WEATHER: 100% weatherproof .
JUST IN CASE...
If you want to keep an extra latchbolt on hand, you can order one here. This is the same latchbolt that comes in the standard package of parts shipped with all latchbolt locks, so you don't need to order it separately unless you want an extra one.
If you have a Eternity lock, you will need to order a Eternity latchbolt if you want a spare or a replacement.
This is a dead-locking spring latch bolt. This means it has a dead latch mechanism, called a plunger, which slides in and out along its top side. When the door is closed, the strike plate presses in the plunger and prevents the latchbolt from opening independently of the handle. When properly installed, dead-locking latchbolts cannot be opened by sliding a credit card between the door and the door frame.
Spring latchbolts are normally extended when the door is ajar. As the door is closed, they come into contact with the strike plate. This pushes the spring latchbolt into a retracted position until the door lines up with the hole in the strike plate. Spring latchbolts can take quite a beating on heavy gates or doors that are slammed shut.