- ADA COMPLIANT: yes, if mounted at proper height.
- BOLT TYPE: spring-loaded latchbolt (locks automatically).
- DOOR THICKNESS: fits standard doors (1-3/8" to 2" thick).
- DOOR TYPE: for interior or exterior doors that swing on hinges.
- FINISHES: silver.
- HANDING: reversible (can be installed on left or right side).
- INSTALLATION: bolt is inserted into edge of door.
- NETWORK: none (standalone).
- POWER REQUIRED: none, this product is 100% mechanical and uses no power.
- PRODUCT LINE: UAccess Eternity Series.
- USAGE: commercial; residential.
- WARRANTY: 1-Year.
- WEATHER: 100% weatherproof .
Where to Use:
Unlike cylindrical latchbolts which fit into a round hole in the edge of a door, mortised latchbolts are designed to fit on doors with a large rectangular opening for the bolt. This is often found on glass and aluminum storefront doors.
Mortised latchbolts lock automatically when you close your door. They come with a special plunger that locks the bolt in place when the door is closed. This security feature prevents someone from inserting something between the door and the frame and prying the bolt open.
When to Order:
Eternity locks are shipped by default with a cylindrical latchbolt. An adjustment needs to be made on an E4 before it can be used with a mortised latchbolt. The manufacturer will do this at no charge, but they need the Eternity lock to do it. Therefore, if you are planning to use a mortised latchbolt on an Eternity E4 lock, it is best to order the lock and this part at the same time. Otherwise, you will have to ship your E4 to/from them at your own expense and go without the lock on your door while they are making the free adjustment for you.
- The body of the mortise latch is 3-3/4” x 3-5/8” x 5/8” (this is the portion that fits in the ‘pocket’ in the door).
- The dress mounting plate is 8” long x 1-1/4” wide.