- DOOR/GATE TYPE: Locks for hinged doors/gates with panic bars/crash bars/push bars on the inside..
- PANIC BAR LOCKS: locks that can be used on the outside of a door that has a panic bar (aka crash bar, push bar) on the inside.
If you are looking for a high-quality, heavy-duty keyless combination lock with a built-in door knob that will work with a panic bar, take a look at this one.
The 1600P Panic Bar lock works with a standard horizontal style panic bar on doors that are either right handed or left handed. The panic bar must have a flat tail piece and a 70 degrees turn radius or less.
The 1600P has a built-in, easy-to-operate lever handle on the outside which is ADA-compliant if mounted no more than 48 inches from the floor.
This lock also has a passage mode so you can come and go without using the combination, if you prefer. This makes it ideal for an office environment where the door should remain unlocked during business hours, but locked after hours. You will need to know the code, of course, to enable the passage mode.
- EXTREMELY RELIABLE—power failures don't affect it!
- COMPLETELY WEATHERPROOF—can be used outdoors under all weather conditions from the frigid cold of Alaska to the searing heat of New Mexico. There is even a marine-grade finish which is specifically designed for salt water conditions on yachts and beach-front property.
- INSTALLS VIRTUALLY ANYWHERE—needs no electricity, wires, or batteries because it is completely mechanical.
- EASY D. I. Y. INSTALLATION—designed to retrofit on almost any standard door.
- HIGH-SECURITY—hacksaw-proof, bump-proof and unpickable.
- CONVENIENT—quick and easy to open; no keys to carry, lose, have stolen, or copied.
- LOW MAINTENANCE—never needs batteries.
- COST EFFECTIVE—less expensive than an electrical lock; pays for itself the first time you change the combination yourself instead of calling a locksmith.
- COMES WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN THE BOX. Our proucts include the complete set of manufacturer's installation instructions and templates, lock hardware for a door or gate, and hardware for a stationary door frame, gate post, or molding (for example strike plates or catches).
- Heavy duty knob on the lock
- Comes with a Passage Function so it can remain in the unlock position, but still latch.
- We offer a special Teflon finish, Marine Grade, which protects your lock from harsh salt water environments.
Covers a standard 2 1/8" hole
Magnet proof - The lock cannot be manipulated by magnets
- Works with a right or left handed door.
- Lock attaches to panic bar (sold separately) on inside
Installation & Documentation
The Secret Code
- All Lockey keyless locks are shipped with a random code which is set by the factory. We can change it to whatever you like before your lock is shipped. This is handy if you are having someone install it for you when you are not there, as in a vacation home. To have us set up your keyless home lock with a custom code, add Custom Lock Programming to your Cart.
- Of course, once you get your lock, you can change the code at anytime.
- Your code can be any combination of letters or numbers that you can see on the keypad except for the "C" key which is used to clear out any previous key presses. Keypads vary depending on the model of the lock, so look at the pictures of the lock you want when choosing a code.
- Most Lockey mechanical locks have at least 5 red and at least 10 blue tumblers. This allows for a code that is from 3 to 5 digits or letters long. If you would like fewer or more letters or numbers in your secret code, just add Lockey Replacement Tumblers (Pins) to your cart.
- Lockey mechanical locks do not support repeating numbers or letters in the code. So, "1234" is a valid code, but "1123" and "1213" are not. This is because the number "1" is used more than once.
Google Product Category: 503730 - Hardware > Locks & Keys > Locks & Latches