- ADA COMPLIANT: yes, if mounted at proper height.
- APPLICATION: Locks for vehicles.
- CODE LENGTH: 3 to 8 digits.
- No more waiting for roadside assistance because your keys or key fob is locked inside of your vehicle. With a KE-1701 Truck and RV Keypad Door Lock, you cannot be locked out.
- No need to carry keys with you everywhere you go. With the KE-1701 RV and Truck Keyless Entry Lock, you can hide your keys anywhere in the secured vehicle. This gives you the freedom to go to the beach, play golf, or go anywhere without having to carry keys. You can even leave your vehicle at the airport (or some other destination) for a friend, loved one, or even yourself with the keys locked safely inside.
- High-security RV keypad door lock lights up with brilliant blue LEDs at first touch for easy night-time use.
- Vandal-resistant, fully encapsulated, back-mounted, piezoelectric keypad has no moving parts for maximum durability.
- Can be installed on virtually all vehicle that has electric door locks
- Convenient and safe—you can't be locked out because you lost your keys!
- Illuminated keypad—lights up with brilliant blue LEDs at first touch for easy night-time use
- Up to 5 user codes—give each person their own
- Codes can be from 3 to 8 digits long
- Up to 5 outputs can be used to open a trunk, storage compartment, or activate any electrically-controlled auxiliary device
- Easily programmed RV and truck keyless entry lock—you can add or delete users on the keypad
- Tamper alarm—multiple incorrect entries trigger tamper alarm, locks out system for 30 seconds, and flashes the dome light
- Vandal resistant design—fully encapsulated, back-mounted, piezoelectric keypad
- Optional two 4 button key fobs with 5-channels. Each remote has its own coded frequency for maximum security
- No moving parts
- Completely weatherproof
- Virtually indestructible
- 100% bump-proof
- Keyless RV door locks cannot be picked
- 3-Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Remote key fob available as an option
- Screws not included.
3 Security Levels
- Low Level: locks door and activates 3-digit convenience code (if enabled). When activated, the convenience code requires only the first 3 digits of any valid access code to gain entry.
- Medium Level: locks door, enables the armed state, deactivates the 3-digit convenience code.
- High Level: locks door, enables the armed state, activates the keypad security display (keypad lights flash momentarily every 15 seconds), deactivates the 3-digit convenience code.
Essex Electronics is the company that invented the original Keypad Entry System for Ford Motor Company over 25 years ago and they are still making them today. The KE-1701 Keypad Lock is one of their time-tested products. Now you can order one right here on our website and install it on virtually any vehicle with electronic locks.
Both the AKE-5 Car Keypad Lock and the KE1701 RV/Truck Keypad Lock are easy to install, as you can see in the
Essex Installation Video. Even so, we are often asked, "Where can I get this product installed?" The answer is, these RV keyless door locks can usually be installed quite easily by your local RV dealer, car security company, or car stereo company. Here is a partial list of some of the many installers to give you some idea about who to call:
Essex Vehicle Keypad Installers.
(Contact us if your company installs these products and would like to be added to the list.)
Additional note: our experience has shown that if a dealer sells a similar product of lower quality (such as a "stick-on" unit or a keypad with moving parts), they may give you misleading or even incorrect information about these products. Please know that questions about how these RV keyless door locks work, their features or reliability, or how to install can best be addressed by contacting the manufacturer directly. They are very friendly, they know their products, and they are happy to answer any questions you may have. Click here for the phone number and hours of Essex Electronics Technical Support.
- Seven 1/4 A grounding outputs for lock, unlock, dome light, arm enabling and auxiliary devices
- 3 auxiliary outputs to open a trunk, storage compartment or activate an auxiliary device
- NOTE: your vehicle may require external relays to control certain devices
||< 15 mA
|Keypad with remote:
||< 25 mA
|Keypad Switch Technology:
||Solid state piezoelectric with no moving parts
|Keypad Operating Environment:
- - 40 degrees F to + 160 degrees F
- - 40 degrees C to + 70 degrees C
- 100% relative humidity
|Keypad Switch Life:
||Over 1 billion cycles
||Non-volatile memory retains codes and programming in the event of a power interruption
- Brilliant Blue (B)
- Radiant Red (R) - no longer available
|Mounting Orientation for Digit Display: